We can assist with a range of supports from community access and recreation to short term accommodation, or even supported independent living in the home of your choice.
We also offer independent support coordination and individual counselling services.
Short Term Accommodation
Community and Recreation
We can help you understand your individual living options and plan your support needs so that you can choose where and with whom you live.
You live very independently and are connected to a mentor who keeps in contact and catches up with you on a regular basis. You can call on them at other times when you need support and guidance. Your mentor is there to guide you and will help you to understand situations so you can make informed choices and decisions (they will never tell you what to do).
Regular Routine Rostered Support
You have regular scheduled support to assist you to live independently. This support could be for such things as personal care, cooking or shopping.
Shared Housing Support
You share a home with friends who also have a disability and you all receive the support you require to live as independently as possible. This support can be 24/7 or regular routine rostered support.
Short Term Accommodation
We can help you plan a supported mini-break if Short Term Accommodation and Assistance (STA) is included in your plan.
STA provides an opportunity to:
- Give you a break away from your informal supports
- Get additional support into your home so your informal supports can have a break or go away
- Learn new life skills and to experience what it may be like to live away from the family home
- Have a holiday in a different setting with support and maybe with friends
STA funding covers food, accommodation, activities and support provided to you for the duration of your stay.
Community Access & Recreation
Crafted Independent Living can assist you to access the community to attend appointments, go shopping or to access recreation or leisure activities of your choice.
The options are almost limitless so talk to us about how you would like to be supported. Together we’ll craft a plan to assist you to access the community services and activities that are important to you.
Our independent support coordination services can help you to make sense of your NDIS plan. We’ll help you take control and make informed choices about the supports that are important to you.
Our Support Coordinators can help you to:
- Understand your NDIS plan and goals and what has been funded
- Connect with appropriate services and activities that you choose, to live a good life.
- Set up Service Agreements with service provider and therapists of your choice.
- Increase your capacity for independence in the short and long term
- Ensure you are getting the most out of your approved NDIS plan
- Prepare for future NDIS plans (the annual NDIA Plan Review)
- The steps required for set up of the myGov and NDIS Participant Portal
- Build your confidence and skills to manage and coordinate services and budgets
- Resolve any issues with disability service providers
Crafted Independent Living’s Support Coordination is independent of the other services we provide.
Your Crafted Independent Living Support Coordinator will provide you with impartial information on services provided by a range of providers so you can choose the services that best meet your needs.
Our fully qualified counsellor has over 20 years’ experience working with people impacted by disability and is committed to assisting people though person-centred counselling practices.
Karen (Kaz) Raison works with an unconditionally positive approach to maximise and enhance communication. She is passionate about assisting people to express their feelings, reach their goals and maximise their dreams.
We offer flexible service delivery with options including verbal, written and visual communication methods. Technology and drawing materials can be used to enhance communication.